Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Houses of the 54 Ethnic Tribes

Yesterday we visited the museum of ethology. This museum preserves artifacts and the way of life from 54 different ethnic groups that make up Vietnam. What really caught my attention was the houses that families built. I was shocked when i saw the inside of the houses. One house was owned by a rich family hat had 18 children, 13 boys and 5 girls(and people think were crazy). But despite all the money they had their house had the same cracked floors, little furniture, and concrete walls. The house that I found most interesting was a big tall one on stilts, it had a roof taller than a modern day house and stairs mad out of carved logs. I enjoyed this museum because it helped me picture what Vietnam was like in the older days a little clearer.

5 comments:

  1. This does not look like the houses in Wellesley, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that house! Looks like a very cool place to live. I want to hang a swing from the rafters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey wes its me bri how ya doin? nice house on stilts that is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wescott,

    You are very lucky to experience this great adventure.

    Say hi to TeeTee for me,

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I bet you look like giants to the little twins. We had to buy really minchie-sized pants for them as we thought they would fall off if we got them sizes for kids their age in the US

    ReplyDelete