Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Silk Village






When we went to the silk village the first thing we we saw was how silk was made. On the railing there were three baskets, the three baskets had baby silk warms, grownup silk warms, and last but not least silk cocoons. After the silk warms made the silk cocoons the people who work there unravel the silk and spin it into thread. Then the thread gets hung up in the silk machine and it starts to make cool designs in the fabric, the fabric is made from wooden things {that I don't now are} that connect to the silk machines. After we saw how silk was made we went to some silk stores, dad bought a cool rob that's green and it is reversible so if dad wants to wear it inside out he can! The other side is black with dragons on it. Also I bought an awesome outfit, it's a traditional Vietnamese dress with pants that's red. I thought seeing how silk was made was really fun and interesting because I never in my life saw that before.

2 comments:

  1. That had to be the coolest thing to see: worms to silk!
    I bet you looked just great in the new dress. I would love to see a picture of you wearing it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yve! What a cool post! I never knew how silk was really made until now. Do you think those wooden things are called "spools" or something else? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete