Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ho Chi Minh's House




Today, I went to see Ho Chi Minh for the second time but this time, I paid more attention to his life than I did to his body.

I learned that he was offered a really fancy house that they called "the yellow house." But he refused and built a small, plain house next to the yellow house but the yellow house remained his office. Later on, Ho Chi Minh moved to a house on stilts that was almost like a tree house. It was built right next to his old house which is where he ate his meals. Later, after that, a building next to that became a hospital which is where Ho Chi Minh passed away.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get a tour guide when you went? I thought it was funny that they called Uncle Ho's house the "yellow house" similar to how we call our presidential grounds the "white house"! ;) -Steff

    ReplyDelete